Friday, June 30, 2006

Do you want a degree?

Well, let me think about that... No, I don't think I want another degree; I think I am perfectly content with the degree I have. What irks me is this:
"Anonymous" has posted the following on my site:
Anonymous said...
Hey! Very Nice! Check out this website I found where you can make extra cash.It's not available everywhere, so go to the site and see if you can find something. I found something and makeand extra $900 a month! http://www.degree-programs-online.info/extramoney.htm
2:13 AM, June 30, 2006

All very well, one might say, if one is excited by the prospect of a degree obtained online. Now, I *may* be wrong, but I am guessing this is perhaps an automated post, or at least a post put up by an anonymous person who is pretty much like an automaton. I may also be wrong in assuming that the degrees they purport to distribute by programs online are dodgy.
Question: did they *really* think that, if I had published a post about establishing a worm farm, that I would then go "oh, well, if they start the comment with 'Hey! Very Nice!' [please note the excessive use of upper case], I would then go 'Sure, I'll click on this link' without knowing anything about it oh, and caring even less!
Not only that; put your damn name on the comment.
Apparently they did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home