Monday, June 26, 2006

Worrrrms

We went to an amazing series of seminars run by our local council (City of Port Phillip) a while ago, and one of the free gifts was either a) a bokashi bucket, b) a compost bin or c) a worm farm (oh my god, there is are global worm farming consultants). Now, faced with those choices, who wouldn't choose the small wriggly things?
Ed has gone slightly strange about the whole thing, though. He couldn't take it home the first night (as he had, in a very green and sustainable living sort of a way, walked to the seminar), so he had to get Micki to worm-sit the worms. When he went to pick them up, he brought them home and set them in the garden. A couple of weeks later, when I had returned from the UK, he started muttering about them every day, about how maybe did I think they might be a bit cold? I, somewhat understandably, had not a clue, so patted him kindly on the head and sent him off to get some more chocolate (for me, not the worms). Anyway, a couple of days later, turns out the worms have a blanket...
Ed had gone all the way to the charity shop to buy the worms a blanket!
Now he has gone one step further, and the worms are inside in the kitchen under the blanket! I think they'll be warm enough now...
So all we need to worry about now is them getting too hot, or feeding them too much, or overloading them with citrux fruit (god, don't you just hate too many mandarins?), or, heaven forfend, losing them somehow... like this girl did:
http://www.43things.com/things/view/240556 (thanks to my Ickle Sis for that link).

Fingers crossed we don't come home one to day to find all our little squiggly preciouses have flown the nest!
(PS. is anyone else slightly weirded out by the fact my boyfriend is so worried about the worms he bought them a blanket and brought them inside???)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bob1, bob7 and bob43 are enjoying the scarves I've knitted for them. They all like their view from the window and when I tap their lid to make them think it's raining they rush to the surface. ;-)

9:55 pm, June 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

worms are fab ! I think they would like a little woolly sock each too. As for the rain thing have you never seen the seagull dance where they paddle up and down to simulate rain noise - works a treat !

2:08 am, June 27, 2006  
Blogger reenie said...

look at it as a positive sign for the future. when you and ed sprog some kids, ed's guaranteed to toss them in the kitchen and buy them a blankie :D

3:57 am, June 27, 2006  
Blogger From the lion's mouth said...

Ed's a wormanitarian!

But I disapprove of the use of the word sprog, which is clearly a noun, as a verb.

9:42 am, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Princess Eleri said...

Dear Anonymous.
I am not sure how you made the leap from establishing a worm farm to wanting to click on a link which appears to distribute (from the link, and I am *assuming*) dodgy degree qualifications.
However, let me assure you that I am more than content with the degree I have.
Now go away and stop putting idiotic spam on my site, or, if you will persist, at least leave your name.
Regards,
Eleri

9:09 am, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home